Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Simple often equates with elegant in my book. This recipe does justice to both of those adjectives. Couldn't be simpler, or more elegant-looking, or more delicious.
- 4 oranges
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon orange flower water
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- thick Greek yogurt or sour cream (optional)
- Using small sharp knife, cut off peel and white pith from oranges.
- Thinly slice oranges into rounds.
- Arrange orange slices in shallow bowl.
- Combine honey, cinnamon stick, and orange flower water in heavy small saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until mixture comes to simmer, about 2 minutes.
- Pour hot syrup over oranges.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.) Sprinkle almonds over oranges.
- Serve cold or at room temperature, with a dollop of yoghurt or sour cream on the side, if desired.
- *A flavoring extract available at liquor stores and in the liquor or specialty foods section of some supermarkets.
We enjoyed this for dessert this afternoon. It was a really hot day today and this was the perfect treat to enjoy cold! This was soooooooo delicious and truly very enjoyable! Thank you so much for a wonderful, simple and easy to fix dessert. Couldn't get any simpler!:-)
This was really good. I left off the almonds and served it over greek yogurt. So rich but so healthy.
Really delicious 5 stars and I forgot the almonds. Will try with next time. I used Balkan thick yogurt but I think sour cream would be even better. Will absolutely make again for breakfast or dessert!