Recipe by Lennie
I got this recipe from one of my SILs after having them at her house. Next time I make them I think I will add miniature chocolate chips!
Top Review by Gita
I made a batch for the ladies at work on Secretary's Day to have with their morning coffee. They were a big hit! The muffins were so easy to make and extremely moist and delicious. I was a little worried that the batter seemed thick (almost like corn bread) and that it would be "crumbly" when done. I added just one ingredient: I sprinkled the top of the muffins with powdered sugar. I will definitely make them again very soon. Thank you for this teriffic recipe!
- 1 orange, quartered and seeds removed (with peel)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F; spray a muffin tin (12) with non-stick cooking spray like Pam and set aside.
- Put orange quarters in food processor (or blender) along with orange juice and process or blend until pureed.
- Add egg and butter to food processor and combine; pour into large bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients together in a separate bowl, then add all at once to orange mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes; remove from oven and let stand in tin for 5 minutes before removing muffins.