1/3 Photos of Fresh Orange-Cranberry Pound Cake
1 hr 20 mins
This comes from the November 2006 issue of All*You Magazine. This recipe uses orange peel and fresh cranberries and has a glaze over the top. It gets baked in a 10-inch tube pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut up
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 2 1/2 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1To make cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 10-inch tube pan. Coat lightly with flour and tap out excess.
- 2Heat butter and cream in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until butter is melted. Remove from heat and let cool.
- 3In a large bowl, beat eggs and granulated sugar with an electric mixer on high speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add baking powder and salt and mix on low speed until blended. Add half of flour and entire cooled cream mixture; mix on low speed until blended. Add remaining flour and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes; mixture should be thick and gooey. Stir in orange peel and then fold in cranberries. Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top.
- 4Bake until a tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, turn out onto a rack and let cool completely.
- 5To make glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Add water, corn syrup and vanilla and stir with a fork until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cake, letting some drip down sides. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Orange-Cranberry Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.6
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 80.0 mg
- Sodium 191.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 32.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g