Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy, beautiful, delicious! Adapted from Better Homes & Gardens.
Make and share this Fresh Orange Cranberry Fig Relish recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups fresh cranberries (or frozen)
- 1 cup dried fig, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil (or 1/4 tsp. dried) (optional)
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Put cranberries and dried figs in a food processor and blend until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and add mint and basil, if using. Stir together marmalade and balsamic vinegar. Add to the cranberry mixture; stir well. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 1 week. You may freeze up to 6 months;thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving. Enjoy!
- Makes 4 cups.
- If the cranberries are frozen measure while frozen. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes to thaw slightly before processing.
I really appreciated the ease in making this VERY, VERY NICE TASTING RELISH! Also enjoyed the combo of the title ingredients, & although I did cut back on the amount of mint, what I did use added nicely to the flavor combo! Half I kept for us to enjoy, & the other half was gifted to a special friend who's good at helping me find out-of-the-ordinary ingredients for some of the recipe I make! Think I'll keep this recipe around & make it again sometime soon! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar tag]