Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes courtesy of one of my co-workers who made them for our holiday cookie exchange. I fell in love with them and had to have the recipe. The secret is only using fresh orange rind and juice!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated orange zest
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and sour cream until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time then add orange zest.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir into sugar-sour cream mixture, alternating with orange juice.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets or in madeleine-style pans.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before moving to wire cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, sugar and orange zest. Mix in orange juice, 1 Tbs. at a time until desired consistency is reached. Spread over cooled cookies.
Excellent cookie recipe. Very moist and favorful.