Recipe by Courtly
This sounds so yummy! It's from "The Cake Mix Doctor" By Ann Byrn! Enjoy!!
Top Review by Um Safia
Made & reviewed for NA*ME Ramadan Tag. I made this recipe with a couple of alterations (we can't buy cake w/pudding mixes here in the UK) & it still turned out perfectly. I love cakes that aren't too sweet so this was just right for me & the family. The glaze is delicious and was thick enough to hold without seeping into the cake too much. Thanks grapefruit for a lovely cake recipe.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly mist a 12 cup bundt pan with vegetable oil spray, then dust with flour. Shake out excess flour.
- Place cake mix, orange juice, oil, sugar, vanilla and eggs in large mixing bowl. Blend with mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop machine and scrape down sides of bowl. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping sides again if needed. The batter should look thick and well blended. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place in the oven.
- Bake the cake until it's golden brown and just starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, 45-47 minutes. Remove pan from oven and place on wire rack to cool for 20 minutes. Run a long, sharp knife around the edge of the cake and invert it onto a rack to cool completely, 30 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze. Combine the confectioners sugar, fresh orange juice, and orange zest in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Place the cake on a platter and pour the glaze over the top, letting it drizzle down the sides and into the center. Let the glze set for a few minutes before slicing.