Prep 15 mins
Cook 47 mins
This sounds so yummy! It's from "The Cake Mix Doctor" By Ann Byrn! Enjoy!!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly mist a 12 cup bundt pan with vegetable oil spray, then dust with flour. Shake out excess flour.
- Place cake mix, orange juice, oil, sugar, vanilla and eggs in large mixing bowl. Blend with mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop machine and scrape down sides of bowl. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping sides again if needed. The batter should look thick and well blended. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place in the oven.
- Bake the cake until it's golden brown and just starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, 45-47 minutes. Remove pan from oven and place on wire rack to cool for 20 minutes. Run a long, sharp knife around the edge of the cake and invert it onto a rack to cool completely, 30 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze. Combine the confectioners sugar, fresh orange juice, and orange zest in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Place the cake on a platter and pour the glaze over the top, letting it drizzle down the sides and into the center. Let the glze set for a few minutes before slicing.
Made & reviewed for NA*ME Ramadan Tag. I made this recipe with a couple of alterations (we can't buy cake w/pudding mixes here in the UK) & it still turned out perfectly. I love cakes that aren't too sweet so this was just right for me & the family. The glaze is delicious and was thick enough to hold without seeping into the cake too much. Thanks grapefruit for a lovely cake recipe.
Hmmmm....I had another cake from "The Cake Doctor" and it was really, really good. I made this one for our last family get together and had mixed reviews. Most of the adults liked it as it is not too sweet, but the two kids present hated it. They are used to cakes smeared with frosting. Also, I followed the recipe to the tee and my glaze just soaked into the cake and did not look like the photo shown. This really comes out more like a dense pound cake. I am not sure I will make it again as there are so many others to try!
I found this cake to be really easy to make and really good!I found it tonight and made it!I was surprised how good it was!I wanted something a little bit diffrent and this was it!I will make this one alot more !