Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
Found in a French cookbook
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water, if rolled by machine or 4 tablespoons water, if rolled by hand
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- grated parmesan cheese or swiss cheese
- Combine all ingredients and knead 2 or 3 minutes until smooth.
- If using machine, cut the dough into 3 pieces and roll through machine from largest to the smallest opening.
- When dough is stretched, place through the cutter and spread the noodles flat on a table or tray to dry a few minutes.
- If rolled by hand, use as little flour as possible.
- Roll about 1/8" thick. Then, roll the dough to form a roll and slice about 3/8" slices.
- Unroll slices and let noodles dry 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cook the noodles in 4 to 5 quarts of salted boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain and toss with 1/2 stick butter, salt and pepper.
- Serve with Parmesan or Swiss cheese, grated.