Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is a fresh salsa recipe. It uses very little salt and lots of garlic and peppers.
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 lbs roma tomatoes
- 4 whole serrano peppers
- 2 whole jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 large onion
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pour canned tomatoes in large bowl.
- Peel, seed and dice roma tomatoes and add to bowl.
- Seed and dice peppers and add to bowl.
- Finely chop cilantro and add to bowl.
- Dice onion and add to bowl.
- Dice or press garlic and add.
- Add the vinegar, cumin and salt.
- Stir all ingredients well. Eat right away or refrigerate. This makes a large bowl of salsa that keeps for about a week in the refrigerator.