This also works well with fresh apricots, peaches, apples or plums. Great for afternoon tea or as a special dessert.
- Mix the butter and sugar together in a food processor or large bowl until creamy.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Mix in the yoghurt, nuts, fruit, lemon juice and rind, flour, baking powder and cinnamon, don't overmix, just mix until ingredients are loosely combined.
- Pour into a well-greased and baking-paper lined 20cm cake pan.
- Bake at 180°C for 55-60 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar, and accompanied by ice cream or softly whipped cream.