Recipe by Perfect Pixie
This also works well with fresh apricots, peaches, apples or plums. Great for afternoon tea or as a special dessert.
Top Review by zai-zai
This recipe is gorgeous - thanks for sharing. I only baked the cake today and have already eaten 2 slices - its soft and so yummy. I didn't use the full amount of nectarines as I only had 2 and I put vinegar in milk because I didn't have any yogurt. I'll definitely be making this again.
- 200 g butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150 g apricot yoghurt or 150 g peach yogurt or 150 g just plain yogurt
- 3 cups fresh nectarines, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of, grated
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the butter and sugar together in a food processor or large bowl until creamy.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Mix in the yoghurt, nuts, fruit, lemon juice and rind, flour, baking powder and cinnamon, don't overmix, just mix until ingredients are loosely combined.
- Pour into a well-greased and baking-paper lined 20cm cake pan.
- Bake at 180°C for 55-60 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar, and accompanied by ice cream or softly whipped cream.