Recipe by Sue Lau
Classic summertime bbq food! But I can imagine this easily at other times of the year as an alternate to cole slaw, and as a nice side for deli sandwiches!
Top Review by ciao
This was a fabulous macaroni salad! My family is usually not very fond of mac salad, they'd rather have potato, but they devoured it with ooh's and ahh's! Definitely one to keep and make again and again! The pickle relish added such a nice flavor. I added the yolks from the eggs as well, and cut the onion by half, because of family preference. This was so good---you've gotta try it!
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 2 hard-cooked egg whites, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper, mixed red and green
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt