- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 -5 garlic cloves
- 40 -50 fresh mussels, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 2 tablespoons broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Smash the Garlic Cloves with the side of a knife and add, with the olive oil, to a sauté pan. Heat to the smoking point. The garlic must be golden-brown.
- Add the mussels all at once together with the butter, wine, broth and salt & pepper. Cover and continue on high heat until all the mussels are open (2-3 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Transfer immediately to a shallow bowl, together with the cooking juices.
- Finish with chopped parsley and serve with crusty bread.