1/1 Photo of Fresh Mushroom Soup
A light, refreshing appetizer soup, good for restricted diets. It came from the fifth edition of the American Heart Association Cookbook. I prefer the 1975 version of the recipe, which I posted as Vintage Fresh Mushroom Soup "Vintage Fresh Mushroom Soup"; pick the version that appeals to you. You can probably slash my preparation time; I am the slowest chopper in the Western Hemisphere.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, finely chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1In a small bowl, combine broth and dry milk. Set aside.
- 2Heat margarine in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and both chopped and sliced mushrooms. Cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes.
- 3Uncover and adjust temperature to high. Allow moisture to evaporate.
- 4Stir in flour.
- 5With a wire whisk, blend chicken broth and milk mixture into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil.
- 6Add sherry, lemon rind, parsley and lemon juice.
- 7Stir to mix well. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.2
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 4.0 mg
- Sodium 251.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 15.1 g