Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy and delightful! You won't eat the canned soup again.
Make and share this Fresh Mushroom Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced raw potato
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Rinse, dry and slice mushrooms.
- Heat butter and sauté onions until golden.
- Add mushrooms, potato, celery, carrots, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- Combine flour and cold water and slowly stir into vegetable mixture.
- Add boiling water and simmer 10 minutes.
- Just before serving add milk or cream.
- Do not boil.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and serve.
This is a wonderful chowder full of veggies. I used cooking spray to saute onions and 1/4 cup chicken broth to cook veggies. Also used 1/2 cup cream and 1/2 cup milk, just to cut calories. These changes didn't alter this lovely soup, Thanks, Shoppond