Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yield: 4 portions (about 7 cups)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes with jalapeno peppers
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb fresh white mushroom, sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs, cut in 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- In a large skillet or saucepan, combine tomatoes, beans, mushrooms, chicken, corn, 1 cup water and chili powder.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until mixture is hot and chicken is cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Serve with warm, tortillas or top with crumbled tortilla chips.