Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious and simple appetizer! originally had as option #1 but found dipping option #2 and great idea by a gruss gott who cooks for trap family lodge
- 6 (1/3 ounce) fresh mozzarella balls
- 6 slices prosciutto (thinly sliced)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 2 cups canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pesto sauce
- 2 ounces balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- Wrap each mozzarella ball in slice of prosciutto for option #2.
- Dredge each ball first in flour, then in the beaten eggs and lastly roll in the breadcrumbs. Roll once more in the eggs and the breadcrumbs.
- Heat canola oil to 350 degrees and fry until golden brown. place three slices of tomato on a plate in a triangle for plating. put a small amount of pesto on each tomato and drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Place washed greeens in the center and top with mozzarella ball and drizzle every thing with olive oil and vinegar.
- Option #1: slice mozzarella into cubes and cut prociutto into sixths and wrap cubes up in prosciutto and toothpick for another quick alternative!