Recipe by Hey Jude
I love using fresh herbs and so was attracted to this recipe that I found in a BH&G appetizer magazine. You can vary the cheese and herb....try with feta and oregano.
Top Review by najwa
This is very good .. I always serve this over some tossed salad .. I also use the leftover cheese to stuff chicken breasts, although I have tried that with the feta and not the mozzarella .. thank you for posting!
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- tomatoes, slices (optional)
- baguette, slices (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut mozzarella into 1-inch cubes; place cubes in a medium bowl.
- Combine oil, vinegar, basil and pepper, pour over cheese and toss gently till cheese is well-coated.
- Store in fridge, covered, for 4-5 days; serve with tomato slices and/or baguette slices, if desired.