Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My favorite summer salad! If you don't care for anchovy, chopped up some fresh basil. I prefer the salty, flavorful taste of anchovy with the best tomatoes and great quality mozzarella.
- 3⁄4 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces (buffalo is good if you can find it)
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, sliced (the best you can find)
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets, drained and chopped (or try canned, rolled anchovy fillets stuffed with capers)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon good quality sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Alternate slices of tomato with mozzarella on platter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Scatter with chopped anchovy. Drizzle entire platter with olive oil and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with slices of a crusty, rustic baguette rubbed with fresh garlic.
Big tomato taste! Somehow the anchovies brought out the flavor of the tomatoes. My husband and company loved this, I just liked it. The second time I added a little additional olive oil (other than what's in with the anchovies) and cut up one large peeled cucumber and topped the salad with the anchovy dressing with some fresh ground pepper. I found this a little more to my liking. All in all, a nice salad for people who like anchovies, thanks for posting, KathyP53.