Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great summer recipe when the tomatoes are plentiful. Great served with a steak or Italian Food or just some cold-cuts, cheese and crackers on the side. You can also add sliced Black Olives or Kalmata Olives if you like,
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls, sliced
- 3 cups fresh baby greens
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chpped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- Mix Vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper together.
- Add oil and whisk until well blended.
- Spread greens on plate or in bowl.
- Cover with tomato slices.
- Arrange Cheese slices on top of tomatoes.
- Drizzle dressing over salad.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil.
I liked this salad very much. I julienned the basil, but I think in future I would prefer larger pieces, so maybe a rough chop or use small leaves. I added a touch of honey to the dressing because of personal preference. Thanks for posting! Great idea!
Wow! 10 stars from us! We loved this salad and the dressing is to die for....if you like caprese salad you will love this one...I will be making this a ton I bet.
So easy and delicious! I didn't have fresh basil either so I put about 1/4 tsp of dried basil in the dressing to make up for it. The dressing was delicious and light and something I could make everyday. Loved it!