Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great summer recipe when the tomatoes are plentiful. Great served with a steak or Italian Food or just some cold-cuts, cheese and crackers on the side. You can also add sliced Black Olives or Kalmata Olives if you like,
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls, sliced
- 3 cups fresh baby greens
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chpped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- Mix Vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper together.
- Add oil and whisk until well blended.
- Spread greens on plate or in bowl.
- Cover with tomato slices.
- Arrange Cheese slices on top of tomatoes.
- Drizzle dressing over salad.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil.
I liked this salad very much. I julienned the basil, but I think in future I would prefer larger pieces, so maybe a rough chop or use small leaves. I added a touch of honey to the dressing because of personal preference. Thanks for posting! Great idea!
So good!! I used grape tomatoes and sliced my mozzarella into thin rounds and tore into about 3 pieces just to make them around the same size as the tomatoes. Very good, ate every bit :)
Wow! 10 stars from us! We loved this salad and the dressing is to die for....if you like caprese salad you will love this one...I will be making this a ton I bet.