Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very elegant presentation. Yet so simple. You need to look for the fresh mozzarella cheese for this , it makes a world of a difference. I like to make this in the summer when our tomatoes are in full bloom, and I use different colors of tomatoes. Also the fresh basil is a must. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do.
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb garden fresh tomato
- fresh basil leaves
- Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking the vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and sugar until smooth.
- Add oil in a thin stream while whisking until mixture is smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut mozzarella into 1/4-inch slices.
- Cut tomatoes into 1/4-inch slices.
- Arrange mozzarella , tomatoes, basil leaves alternately on your platter.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salad.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.