Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Love this combination! Cook time is chill time. From Southern LIving.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, shredded or chopped
- Cut mozzarella into 12 slices.
- Slice tomatoes; sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Alternate cheese and tomato slices on a platter.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover and chill 4 hours.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper and basil before serving.
I love this combination too. The fresh ingredients were a wonderful start to a meal. I splashed on some balsamic vinegar just before serving and I think it sparked the flavors. Good recipe!
Thanks for posting this, Bev! I made this last night for a family get-together. There were 14 of us and we grilled out some t-bones, which these went perfect with! Everyone raved over this recipe! Only thing I changed was using sea salt, and I doubled the recipe because there was a big bunch of us! Great for the summer! Thanks!!! :-)
This was so easy and so good! Even my picky kids liked it. We had it with grilled pork chops and baked potatoes.