1/2 Photos of Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato, and Basil Couscous Salad
A lovely light salad from Cooking Light! You’re used to seeing the cheese/tomato/basil combination, but have you had it with couscous before? Delicious! Prep time includes marinating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup diced fresh mozzarella cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice (white balsamic or champagne vinegar okay) or 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (white balsamic or champagne vinegar okay)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper or 1/4 teaspoon tricolor pepper, to taste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and minced
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
- 1In a large bowl combine the tomato, mozzarella, shallots, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic, toss well then refrigerate, covered, to marinate for 30 minutes.
- 2In a saucepan bring the water to a boil and gradually stir in the couscous; remove from the stove, cover, and set aside for 5 minutes.
- 3With a fork, fluff the couscous then let cool.
- 4Add the cooled couscous and chopped basil to the tomato mixture in the bowl and toss.
- 5Garnish with whole basil leaves and serve.
- 6Note: part-skim mozzarella cheese can be substituted.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato, and Basil Couscous Salad
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.4
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 347.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 9.0 g