Source: NBC Today Show, summer vegetables.
Make and share this Fresh Mozzarella Salad W/ Avocado, Roasted Corn & Tomato recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ears sweet corn, in the husk
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes or 1⁄2 lb bocconcini
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, peeled, and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 pint grape tomatoes or 1⁄2 pint other small tomato, halved
- 8 -10 fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 handfuls of young arugula or 3 baby greens
Summer Herb Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, plus
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice, to taste
- 1 -2 fresh basil leaf, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3⁄8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400º F. Soak the corn in the sink or a bowl filled with cold water for 10 to 15 minutes. Place on a baking sheet with sides and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until the kernels are tender. Cool to room temperature, then pull off and discard the husks and silks. Cut the kernels off the cob into a large bowl.
- Add the mozzarella, avocados, tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper to the bowl with the corn. Drizzle 1⁄2 cup of the vinaigrette over the salad and toss gently. Be careful not to over-mix or mash the avocado. Season with more salt, pepper or vinaigrette to taste. Serve on a bed of the arugula or baby greens.
- Summer Herb Vinaigrette:.
- Combine the vinegar, mustard, lemon zest and juice, basil, oregano, and parsley in a small bowl, and stir to mix. Whisk in the olive oil in a slow, steady stream until all of the oil is incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Use immediately or store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to three days.