Chef Drtybrshs's Note:
A delicious and healthy way to prepare this caprese Italian treat, with tangy & sweet Balsamic glaze!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (white is ok too)
- 1 frozen pizza dough, ball (available in the freezer section of most grocers)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 large ripe tomatoes or 2 ripe roma tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1Thaw and allow frozen pizza dough to rest.
- 2Balsamic Glaze: Put 1.5 cups aged balsamic vinegar and sugar in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring. When it becomes syrupy, take off heat and put into another dish.
- 3Chill for 30 minutes.
- 4Once frozen dough thawed and rested, stretch or roll out dough to be about 1/4 thick in an almost rectangle shape.
- 5Lay on pizza sheet and brush on 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle all of the dough with garlic salt and the parmesan cheese.
- 6Bake in a 425 degree oven for 8 minutes.
- 7Pull out and poke the dough several times with a fork.
- 8Put back into the oven for an additional 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9Slice fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and chop basil.
- 10Arrange mozzarella and tomatoes on foccacia and sprinkle with lots of fresh basil. Drizzle remaining olive oil over the top. Use extra virgin or any good olive oil.
- 11Drizzle with Balsamic glaze and serve with extra balsamic glaze for dipping.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Mozzarella, Basil, Tomato Focaccia
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.5
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 50.2 mg
- Sodium 454.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen pizza dough