Chef Drtybrshs's Note:
A delicious and healthy way to prepare this caprese Italian treat, with tangy & sweet Balsamic glaze!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (white is ok too)
- 1 frozen pizza dough, ball (available in the freezer section of most grocers)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 large ripe tomatoes or 2 ripe roma tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1Thaw and allow frozen pizza dough to rest.
- 2Balsamic Glaze: Put 1.5 cups aged balsamic vinegar and sugar in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring. When it becomes syrupy, take off heat and put into another dish.
- 3Chill for 30 minutes.
- 4Once frozen dough thawed and rested, stretch or roll out dough to be about 1/4 thick in an almost rectangle shape.
- 5Lay on pizza sheet and brush on 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle all of the dough with garlic salt and the parmesan cheese.
- 6Bake in a 425 degree oven for 8 minutes.
- 7Pull out and poke the dough several times with a fork.
- 8Put back into the oven for an additional 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9Slice fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and chop basil.
- 10Arrange mozzarella and tomatoes on foccacia and sprinkle with lots of fresh basil. Drizzle remaining olive oil over the top. Use extra virgin or any good olive oil.
- 11Drizzle with Balsamic glaze and serve with extra balsamic glaze for dipping.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Mozzarella, Basil, Tomato Focaccia
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.5
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 50.2 mg
- Sodium 454.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen pizza dough