Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
So romantic and elgant;) This also makes a great first course with some crusty Italian bread and red wine or champagne.
Top Review by ChefMDTP
This was a huge hit at a dinner party last night. I did modify this slightly for personal taste--I added 2-3 TBSP of fresh minced basil, diced the mozzarella, and served it with slices of baguette as a sort of fruit bruschetta. Wonderfully mellow flavor!
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese (2 balls)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the mozzarella into 1/2" thick slices; arrange in overlapping slices on 4 salad or dessert plates.
- Toss the strawberries with the sugar in a bowl and set aside to meld, about 30 minutes.
- Spoon the berries and their juice alongside the cheese; drizzle both the cheese and berries with the olive oil, then the vinegar.
- Serve immediately.