Ooh, with lots of mint! Screams SUMMER! Adapted from Cooks Illustrated, their most popular recipes!
Make and share this Fresh Minted Lemonade recipe from Food.com.
- Mash lemons, mint leaves, and sugar (and salt, if using) in a large, deep bowl with potato masher or back of wooden spoon until lemon slices give up their juice, sugar is dissolved, and juice is thickened to syrup consistency, about 4 minutes.
- Pour half the lemon slices and syrup through a large sieve over bowl; press on solids with masher or back of wooden spoon to release as much liquid as possible.
- Discard solids; move liquid to serving pitcher.
- Repeat process with remaining lemon slices.
- Stir in water until blended.
- Chill well and stir to blend before serving, over ice. Enjoy!
I wish I could give this more than 5 stars. Love the addition of the mint. When I use a big batch of mint I wash the mint and then use my salad spinner to dry them well. I did cut the sugar back to just one cup and didnt add the salt. Very refreshing drink. Some members in my family added some vodka to theirs. I love this recipe and its going in the binder for safe keeping thanks Sharon for sharing this recipe with us!
Very freshing! I love the added flavor of the fresh mint! I think it may be easier to use my juicer next time I make this. Thanks, Sharon123!
Refreshingly Minty Good! Didn`t use the salt and cut back on the sugar by 1/2.