- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb capellini or 1⁄2 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese or 3 tablespoons asiago cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a heavy pan over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook slowly to caramelize. Stir occasionally. Cook until onions are soft and dark gold, 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil 16 cups of water for the pasta. Cook pasta. Put chicken stock and onions in a large bowl. Add hot drained pasta to to onion mixture. Add cheese and mint. Toss well. Garnish with pine nuts.