1/1 Photo of Fresh Mint Ice Cream
The Sugar Witch's Note:
There are no words that can describe fresh, home-made mint ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- green food coloring (optional)
- 1In a saucepan, combine cream and milk. Add chopped mint leaves. Heat to a boil. Remove from heat. Cover. Let stand for about 15 minutes.
- 2In a bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy. Strain the cream mixture and heat to a boil again. Pour cream mixture over egg-sugar mixture. Place bowl in a pan of hot water. Whisk until mixture is thick and creamy, about 10 minutes.
- 3Optional: Add food coloring.
- 4Remove bowl from hot water.
- 5Freeze ice cream in an ice cream maker for about 25 minutes or until thick.
- 6Transfer ice cream to another bowl and keep in the freezer until ready to serve. Scoop out ice cream into individual serving bowls. Garnish with whipped cream, grated chocolate, and fresh mint leaves.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Mint Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.4
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 156.7 mg
- Sodium 44.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 4.5 g