Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
There are no words that can describe fresh, home-made mint ice cream.
Make and share this Fresh Mint Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- green food coloring (optional)
- 6 tablespoons whipped cream
- 6 tablespoons grated dark chocolate
- fresh mint leaves
- In a saucepan, combine cream and milk. Add chopped mint leaves. Heat to a boil. Remove from heat. Cover. Let stand for about 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy. Strain the cream mixture and heat to a boil again. Pour cream mixture over egg-sugar mixture. Place bowl in a pan of hot water. Whisk until mixture is thick and creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Optional: Add food coloring.
- Remove bowl from hot water.
- Freeze ice cream in an ice cream maker for about 25 minutes or until thick.
- Transfer ice cream to another bowl and keep in the freezer until ready to serve. Scoop out ice cream into individual serving bowls. Garnish with whipped cream, grated chocolate, and fresh mint leaves.
I definitely must try this mint ice cream. Let you know. Lolly
Delicious ice cream. I really liked how the herbal quality of fresh mint comes through in the finished product. It just tastes so fresh, and it has a really beautiful pale creamy green color if you leave out the food coloring. One little quibble with the recipe, though. We didn't get six servings out of this. That may be partially due to my ice cream maker not incorporating as much air as it should, but we got something more like three completely delicious servings.