Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
There's nothing like a cup of fresh mint and melissa (lemon balm) tea or tisane to refresh, calm and soothe you after a morning or afternoon spent at the gym or in the garden. Enjoy! Wonderful hot or iced sweetened with my vanilla or herb sugar Vanilla or Herb Sugar, or with lavender honey Homemade Lavender Honey. Makes two cups of tea.
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lemon balm leaves (melissa)
- 2 cups fresh boiling water
- honey or sugar, optional to taste
- Pour boiling water over fresh herbs (or use a tea ball) in a tea pot that's been rinsed out with warm water.
- Let steep for about five minutes.
- Strain into warmed tea cups and enjoy your tea - tisane - infusion sweetened to your taste with honey or sugar. May be served hot, or cold over ice. Enjoy!