Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love the gingery-zing, and the mint flavour that this delicious lemonade has. Very refreshing. 40 minutes passive cooking time is actually steeping time.
- 1⁄2 cup packed chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- ice cube
- fresh mint leaves
- lemon slice
- Combine chopped mint, ginger and honey in medium bowl; add boiling water and allow to steep for 30-40 minutes; strain into 4-cup glass measuring cup, pressing on solids to extract liquid; add lemon juice and enough cold water to measure 4 cups total.
- Fill glasses with ice cubes; add lemonade; garnish with mint leaves and fresh lemon slices.
- Note: If you like to 'tipple' (I know I do:-)), spike this with some vodka!!!
Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe Evelyn. I enjoyed this refreshing lemonade treat. It was tart tangy, spicy and slightly sweet. I really like lemon, honey, ginger and mint so this seemed tailor made for me. I used spearmint in the lemonade it worked great. Made for Culinary Quest - 2014 - Suitcase Gourmets.
I reduced the ginger substantially to about 2 1/2 tablespoons. Fresh mint from our garden! The mixture was strained twice to remove any residual ginger peel. Perfect beverage for a 95º+ summer day. Thanks, Ev'! Prepared for CQ 2014.
Very good lemonade! This recipe combined 3 ingredients I love: honey, mint and ginger.<br/>This is a summer hit, but I'm sure it will be delicious hot (reheating it!) in winter too.