Recipe by evelyn/athens
I love the gingery-zing, and the mint flavour that this delicious lemonade has. Very refreshing. 40 minutes passive cooking time is actually steeping time.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe Evelyn. I enjoyed this refreshing lemonade treat. It was tart tangy, spicy and slightly sweet. I really like lemon, honey, ginger and mint so this seemed tailor made for me. I used spearmint in the lemonade it worked great. Made for Culinary Quest - 2014 - Suitcase Gourmets.
- 1⁄2 cup packed chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- ice cube
- fresh mint leaves
- lemon slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chopped mint, ginger and honey in medium bowl; add boiling water and allow to steep for 30-40 minutes; strain into 4-cup glass measuring cup, pressing on solids to extract liquid; add lemon juice and enough cold water to measure 4 cups total.
- Fill glasses with ice cubes; add lemonade; garnish with mint leaves and fresh lemon slices.
- Note: If you like to 'tipple' (I know I do:-)), spike this with some vodka!!!