1/1 Photo of Fresh Mint and Cucumber Salad With Tahini Vinaigrette
This is a simple salad with a Middle Eastern feel. It's as easy as it looks! From The Conscious Cook by Chef Tal Ronnen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (or grapeseed oil)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced (or red onion or scallion, white part)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons light agave nectar (or honey)
- 3/4 cup plain soy yogurt (or regular yogurt)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- sea salt
- feshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 1To make vinaigrette:.
- 2Combine tahini, oil, lemon juice, shallot, garlic, agave nectar, yogurt, vinegar, and 1/4 cup water in a blender and puree until smooth, adding more water if needed to make dressing pourable. Add cayenne and season to taste with salt and pepper(if using).
- 3To make salad:.
- 4Place the cucumber in a small bowl, top with enough of dressing to coat generously, and then sprinkle with the mint and parsley. Toss to combine. Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Mint and Cucumber Salad With Tahini Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 838.4
- Calories from Fat 795
- Total Fat 88.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar