Recipe by Sharon123
This is a simple salad with a Middle Eastern feel. It's as easy as it looks! From The Conscious Cook by Chef Tal Ronnen.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
Like the other reviewer pointed out - this is not a vinaigrette, but a creamy dressing - but it is a delicious creamy dressing. Used honey and greek yoghurt. Nice combination of flavours. Cool and refreshing - exactly what we needed in this heatwave we're having.
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil (or grapeseed oil)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced (or red onion or scallion, white part)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons light agave nectar (or honey)
- 3⁄4 cup plain soy yogurt (or regular yogurt)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- sea salt
- feshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- To make vinaigrette:.
- Combine tahini, oil, lemon juice, shallot, garlic, agave nectar, yogurt, vinegar, and 1/4 cup water in a blender and puree until smooth, adding more water if needed to make dressing pourable. Add cayenne and season to taste with salt and pepper(if using).
- To make salad:.
- Place the cucumber in a small bowl, top with enough of dressing to coat generously, and then sprinkle with the mint and parsley. Toss to combine. Serve and enjoy!