Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Coleslaw is on constant demand where I work. I put a big twist on the classic and ever since, people have really enjoyed it.
- 2 heads cabbage (rinsed and shredded)
- 3 carrots (rinsed and grated)
- 2 large red onions (halved and thinly sliced)
- 1 (10 ounce) bagof shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 tablespoons caraway seeds
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well saturated throughout. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 3-5 hours or overnight. Toss once more before serving. Enjoy!
I made this for Spring Pick A Chef Orphanage...delicious. I cut it way down to about a fourth, shredded the cabbage and followed the rest of the instructions. I did make it in the morning so the flavors had time to meld. Very good! I hadn't had caraway seed in my coleslaw before but it adds a very great flavor. DH loved it and said I could make it anytime. Thank you for submitting the recipe.
I made a fourth of the recipe and still had lots. (It was far more than 3 servings.) I enjoy trying various types of coleslaw & was happy I selected this one. It is very different from most, but would be a success at a potluck or summer BBQ. I liked the honey mustard & caraway flavors in the dressing and the colorful cabbage/ veggie combo. The slaw definitely needs the chill time to mellow the strong flavors. After chilling everything comes together. When I make this next time I will shredd the cabbage finer to improve the texture. Served with baked salmon for Spring 2011~Pick A Chef.
This is a very tasty coleslaw. I only made about a quarter of the recipe, but we did enjoy it. I might try it with all red cabbage next time. Thanks for posting!