Recipe by Sarah_nadine
Coleslaw is on constant demand where I work. I put a big twist on the classic and ever since, people have really enjoyed it.
Top Review by mama smurf
I made this for Spring Pick A Chef Orphanage...delicious. I cut it way down to about a fourth, shredded the cabbage and followed the rest of the instructions. I did make it in the morning so the flavors had time to meld. Very good! I hadn't had caraway seed in my coleslaw before but it adds a very great flavor. DH loved it and said I could make it anytime. Thank you for submitting the recipe.
- 2 heads cabbage (rinsed and shredded)
- 3 carrots (rinsed and grated)
- 2 large red onions (halved and thinly sliced)
- 1 (10 ounce) bagof shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 tablespoons caraway seeds