Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh Fruit and Ham luncheon salad. Easy to make with little clean up
Make and share this Fresh Melons with Ham and Parmesan Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 small melon, cut in halves and seeded
- 4 cups favorite greens
- 1⁄2 lb deli ham
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese, coarsely grated or thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, large stems removed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- While still leaving a rim around melon spoon out bite sized pieces of fruit and put into a large bowl.
- Make a thin slice on the bottom of each melon half to stabilize them.
- This will become your bowl for the salad.
- Add greens, ham, Parmesan Cheese and parsley to melon pieces and mix well.
- Fill each melon half with the mixture and drizzle with dressing.
- Dressing: In a medium bowl add orange juice, extract, vinegar, honey and mustard and mix.
- Slowly drizzle both oils into mixture while whisking constantly.
- Season with salt and pepper.