Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Fresh Fruit and Ham luncheon salad. Easy to make with little clean up
Make and share this Fresh Melons with Ham and Parmesan Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 small melon, cut in halves and seeded
- 4 cups favorite greens
- 1⁄2 lb deli ham
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese, coarsely grated or thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, large stems removed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- While still leaving a rim around melon spoon out bite sized pieces of fruit and put into a large bowl.
- Make a thin slice on the bottom of each melon half to stabilize them.
- This will become your bowl for the salad.
- Add greens, ham, Parmesan Cheese and parsley to melon pieces and mix well.
- Fill each melon half with the mixture and drizzle with dressing.
- Dressing: In a medium bowl add orange juice, extract, vinegar, honey and mustard and mix.
- Slowly drizzle both oils into mixture while whisking constantly.
- Season with salt and pepper.