Recipe by supernova
I love fresh fruit drinks of anykind, this recipe comes from one of my favorite chefs; Rick Bayless. The best part of this recipe, are the extra flavorings you can add; they are all good.
- 4 cups packed fresh cantaloupe or 4 cups honeydew melon or 4 cups watermelon, peeled, and seeded
- 1⁄2 cup water, plus more if desired
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus more if desired
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus more if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Scoop the fruit into blender, then add water, sugar, and lime. Blend until smooth.
- Add more water, if necessary, to achieve a light, easy-to-drink consistency.
- Taste and season with more sugar and lime if you think necessary.
- You can add extra flavorings: (mint to honeydew, orange juice to cantaloupe, and blended raspberries to watermelon) if you like.
- Refrigerate to chill or serve over ice.