Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr
This recipe if from the book "How It All Vegan".
Make and share this Fresh Maple Vanilla Soymilk recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, cover the soybeans in 6 cups of water.
- Make sure they are submerged completely.
- Set aside and leave to soak overnight.
- When beans have finished soaking (about 8-10 hours), drain out excess water.
- In a kettle or small pot, bring 3 cups of water to a boil.
- In a blender or food processor, blend one-third of the beans with one cup of boiling water until pureed.
- Pour into a large stock pot and set aside.
- Repeat twice with the remaining two-thirds of the beans and add to stock pot.
- Add 7 cups of cold water to the bean puree and slowly bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring continuously.
- Once boiled, remove from heat immediately, cover with lid, and set aside to cool.
- Once cool enough to safely handle, strain the mixture through a cheesecloth or a metal strainer into a pot.
- Discard the pulp.
- Add the vanilla and syrup to the milk and cook for 30 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally, in a double boiler.
- (If you don't have a double boiler, you can use two different-sized pots. Put the milk in the smaller pot and water in the larger one.) Transfer to a pitcher or container and refrigerate.
- Stays fresh for 5-7 days.
Made this as directed. Delicious! Will make again and again. Thanks for posting, mielhollinger!