Recipe by MNLisaB
A quick batter for fresh manicotti shells that taste MUCH better than dried pasta. Impress your family and friends with very little effort!
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir milk gradually with flour, until smooth.
- Add, stirring constantly, the beaten egg, to which the salt has been added.
- For each shell/crepe, brush a six inch teflon coated fry pan with oil or butter.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter in the bottom of pan, tilting back and forth so it spreads evenly.
- Cook slowly until just set, do not brown.
- When set on one side, turn over and let other side set.
- Slide off pan and onto plate to cool slightly.
- Repeat until all of the batter is used.
- Place 2 TBS of your cheese filling into the center of the crepe/shell, bringing sides over so they overlap to hold filling inches.
- Arrange side by side in baking pan with your favorite sauce, topped with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 400* for about 20 minutes.