Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like this fresh salsa cut julienne, but there's no reason not to chop the ingredients, if you prefer. This is great over fish, pork or chicken, but also could be doubled, with extra oil and vinegar, on top of greens as a salad.
- 1 large mango, semi-firm, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 green onion, cut into very thin strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon curry paste (I like Pataks)
- 1⁄2 limes, juice of or 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon white wine or 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey or 1 teaspoon a sprinkling sugar
- salt and pepper
- chili flakes (optional) or finely chopped hot pepper (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, vinegar, curry paste, sugar or honey, salt and pepper, and hot peppers if using. Add cilantro and onions, let stand at least 15 minutes.
- Toss with peppers and mango. Serve immediately, or if refrigerating, bring to near room temperature before using.