Recipe by FlemishMinx
This is really a crepe and not a shell, to be used in your favorite manicotti or cannelloni recipes. These are tender, and in my opinion the flavor is nicer than store-bought. The batter can be flavored by the addition of dried basil or oregano, or use your imagination. Simply place the filling in the center of each crepe vertically, then bring each side towards the center, placing seam-side down in your baking dish. Voila! You have a filled manicotti with none of the time and mess associated with trying to stuff a store-bought shell. I find this method alot more fun ! They will expand during baking so allow plenty of room in your baking dish.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, blending and stirring until you have a smooth batter.
- Place a small 13 cm (or 6 inch) dry non-stick skillet over moderate heat.
- Ladle out 1/4 cup batter into the heated pan, and swirl to cover the bottom.
- The crepe should set almost instantly.
- As soon as the edges begin to dry and pull away from the pan, remove the crepe (this can be done with the fingers) and turn it over allowing the other side to cook quickly.
- This should only take seconds.
- See description above for filling your crepe.