Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I really am not a fan of guacamole, but when I figured out how good it tastes when you make it fresh, I was hooked! This is such a simple recipe.
- 3 medium avocados
- 1⁄2 red onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 roma tomato, minced
- 1 lime
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut lime in half, juice lime into the large bowl. Add salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic. Combine seasonings with juice. Set aside.
- Cut avocados in half, remove pits (set pits aside), spoon out avocados into a large bowl. Use forks to cut avocados down to small bite sizes and combine with lime juice in bottom of bowl. Add tomato, onion, and jalapeno to mix.
- Please pits in bowl with guacamole to keep guacamole from turning brown. Remove pits before serving.
I like your method of adding the seasonings to the lime first - good idea. Very delicious version of guac, and the cumin was just right for me. My limes were getting dry, so I used 1 1/2. Time permitting I think I would just use fresh garlic next time. Thanks for sharing! Made during 'I Recommend' tag.
Just can't beat fresh made guacamole at home! This is a great recipe; very easy and it lets all of the flavors shine through. Thanks for sharing! Spring PAC '11
Yum - great guacamole! The cumin and lime are a great addition and add a wonderful flavor. I used a regular onion as that's what I had on hand, otherwise made as specified. DH enjoyed this in a veggie wrap and with tortilla chips - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2009