Recipe by Coasty
This is a Chinese style sweet porridge using a rice cooker with "SLOW COOK" function or you can use a slow cooker
- 1 cup glutinous rice
- 16 cups water
- 10 red dates, pitted
- 100 g dried longans
- 150 g fresh lotus seeds
- 4 pieces rock sugar
- 2 screwpine leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and drain rice and place in rice cooker.
- Wash the lotus seed, split and remove the cove section.
- Add water, sugar, ;otus seed, red dates and screwpine leaves into rice cooker pan.
- Set & cook at SLOW COOK mode for 4 hours. This can also be cooked in a slow cooker for 4 hours.
- Add dried longan about 1/2 hour before serving.