Recipe by supernova
These recipes come from one of my favorite chefs; Rick Bayless. If you like limes you will like these 2 drinks; soooo good!
- 1 1⁄3 cups fresh lime juice (roughly 8-10 limes)
- 1 quart water (use sparkling water for a festive touch)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pitcher, mix together the lime juice, water, and smaller amount of sugar.
- Taste and add more sugar if you think the limonada needs it.
- Serve over ice.
- To make the Tropical Pink Limeade: cut the ends off 2 or 3 prickly pears;( handle prickly pears with latex or rubber gloves or with tongs, prickly pears are a cactus fruit and have stickers all over outer skin).
- Make a shallow slit down the length of each one, then peel away the thick skin; discard skin.
- In a small bowl, crush the fruit into a coarse puree, then strain puree into the limeade mixture.
- Taste and add more lime or sugar if necessary.