Chef mariajane's Note:
Another fantastic chicken dish that is quick and easy to make, for those nights when you don't feel like making big meals. Great served over noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 skinless boness chicken breasts
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 1 red pepper (or 1/2 red and 1/2 yellow)
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely minced or 2 teaspoons bottled ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1Cut chicken into 1/2-inch bite-size strips.
- 2Slice onion into thin wedges.
- 3Peel and cut carrots lengthwise, then slice on the diagonal,.
- 4Core and seed pepper, then cut thin julienne strips.
- 5Finely grate peel from half a lime. Squeeze out 3 tablespoons juice from the limes.
- 6Heat oil in wok or large frying pan set over high hear. Add chicken, garlic, ginger, and chili flakes. Stir-fry until chicken is golden, about 3-4 minutes.
- 7Add onion, carrots, and soy sauce. Stir-fry for 2 more minutes.
- 8Add peppers, lime juice and peel, then stir-fry until pepper is tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Great over noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Lime Chicken Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.6
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 597.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 24.7 g