Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another fantastic chicken dish that is quick and easy to make, for those nights when you don't feel like making big meals. Great served over noodles.
- 3 skinless boness chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 1 red pepper (or 1/2 red and 1/2 yellow)
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely minced or 2 teaspoons bottled ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch bite-size strips.
- Slice onion into thin wedges.
- Peel and cut carrots lengthwise, then slice on the diagonal,.
- Core and seed pepper, then cut thin julienne strips.
- Finely grate peel from half a lime. Squeeze out 3 tablespoons juice from the limes.
- Heat oil in wok or large frying pan set over high hear. Add chicken, garlic, ginger, and chili flakes. Stir-fry until chicken is golden, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add onion, carrots, and soy sauce. Stir-fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add peppers, lime juice and peel, then stir-fry until pepper is tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Great over noodles.