Recipe by BeachGirl
With this lemonade syrup in the refrigerator, it's a breeze to stir up a thirst-quenching pitcher of fresh lemonade. Recipe by Kathy Kittell of Kansas came from Quick Cooking. It can be made with sugar or Splenda for Baking. If you like, substitute some fresh lime juice for the lemon juice.
- 709.77 ml lemon juice (juice from about 5 pounds lemons)
- 236.59 ml boiling water
- 709.77 ml Splenda granular (not packets) or 709.77 ml sugar
- 4 lemons, rind of, grated, about 2 tablespoons
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2 quart bowl, add 1 cup water and microwave for 1 minute.
- Add Splenda for Baking and stir to dissolve.
- Add lemon juice and grated peel.
- TO PREPARE LEMONADE: For 1 serving, mix 1/4 cup syrup and 3/4 cups water in glass.
- Add ice.
- For 1/2 gallon, add 2-2/3 cups syrup and 5 cups water.
- TO FREEZE: When lemons are plentifyl, make syrup and freeze in ice cube trays. Pop cubes out and store in a freezer-safe zip-style bag, removing as much air as possible. For 1 serving, place 2-3 cubes in glass, add 3/4 cups warm/not water and stir to dissolve cubes. Add ice and serve.