With this lemonade syrup in the refrigerator, it's a breeze to stir up a thirst-quenching pitcher of fresh lemonade. Recipe by Kathy Kittell of Kansas came from Quick Cooking. It can be made with sugar or Splenda for Baking. If you like, substitute some fresh lime juice for the lemon juice.
My Private Note
cups co ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In 2 quart bowl, add 1 cup water and microwave for 1 minute.
- 2Add Splenda for Baking and stir to dissolve.
- 3Add lemon juice and grated peel.
- 5TO PREPARE LEMONADE: For 1 serving, mix 1/4 cup syrup and 3/4 cups water in glass.
- 6Add ice.
- 7For 1/2 gallon, add 2-2/3 cups syrup and 5 cups water.
- 9TO FREEZE: When lemons are plentifyl, make syrup and freeze in ice cube trays. Pop cubes out and store in a freezer-safe zip-style bag, removing as much air as possible. For 1 serving, place 2-3 cubes in glass, add 3/4 cups warm/not water and stir to dissolve cubes. Add ice and serve.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Lemonade Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 22
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of