Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like my lemonade more tart than sweet. Adjust the amount of water and sugar to your taste.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 1⁄2 cups cold water
- lemon slice
- Add sugar and boiling water to a pitcher; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add lemon juice and cold water; stir to mix.
- Chill for several hours and serve over ice.
- Note: I put lemon slices into the pitcher.
Yum! I also added about 2 1/2 to 3 Tbsp raspberry puree to it and made raspberry lemonade. What an awesome drink for summer barbecues! Thanks for sharing!
Our group of four rate this 4 stars (x2) and 5 stars (x2). Swapping frozen fruit for ice will be a nice variation. I look forward to making this refreshing drink again.
Pretty Darn Good. I didn't have fresh lemons on hand so I used Real Lemon Juice. Thanks!