Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I made this for a small family function at the last minute. Turned out great.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat an 8x4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl mix sour cream, milk, sugar, oil, egg, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Stir sour cream mixture into flour mixture until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake about 45 to 50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Slice and serve with berries, whipped cream or plain.
Very good. This was so easy to put together that it would be great for short notice to bring a dessert. I also like that it makes 1 standard loaf so I don't have to freeze or give away the other. Made for Fall PAC 2009
Made for Spring PAC 2009 A lovely lemony pound cake...very tasty.