Recipe by hudelei
Fresh, cake-like lemon muffins that freeze well.
Top Review by Genevieve #2
Very lemony and delicious! I also added the juice of a whole lemon and skipped the topping. I think next time I will use the topping though, and also I will double the recipe as this made 12 very small muffins for me.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs; stir in lemon rind and juice.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pans (or an ungreased non-stick pan you trust), filling 2/3 full.
- Combine 2 Tbsp sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake at 375F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pans immediately to cool.