Recipe by loof
Light and creamy! (cooking time is chilling time)
Top Review by Annacia
This was a big hit this evening. I used 1/4 sugar and 3/4 Splenda to lower the sugar hit and it was still rich and wonderful. Made a great dessert to a BBQ pork chop dinner. D and I had ours and once again DS dispatched the rest. Thanks loof for another wonderful treat. :D
Directions See How It's Made
- Juice and grate the zest from the lemons.
- Combine the egg yolks and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat until thickened.
- Stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest. Pour into a double boiler and simmer for 10 minutes, until thickened, whisking constantly. Let stand until cool.
- Beat the egg whites and salt in a chilled mixing bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold into the lemon mixture. Chill for 2 hours.
- Beat the whipping cream in a chilled mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Fold into lemon mixture. Chill until serving time.
- To serve, spoon the mousse into individual dessert bowls.