Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Putting this recipe here to save. Plan on planting beets in the garden this spring. These sound interesting, let me know if you try them.
- 4 medium beets, peeled
- 4 carrots, peeled
- 4 garlic cloves, thin sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice beets and carrots in 1/4 slices.
- Toss the ingredients in a glass baking dish.
- Cover tightly and roast for about 40 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Shake or stir occasionally.
- *When I make this I just might leave the cover off the last half of baking so that vegetables will get a roasted color.
I thought this was the best I have ever had beets!
Surprisingly good! This dish was fast and easy to make, and the flavor was great, despite the day-glo fuschia color. I've made this twice now, and I've found the flavor is best with pressed garlic and more generous amounts of olive oil and lemon juice. Also, the color seems to turn out better if you keep the pan covered.