Recipe by Nonnie4Two
My whole family enjoys the taste of lemon, and I was looking for a cool refreshing dessert for a family dinner after my son's baseball tourney. I couldn't find what I wanted, so I took some from here, some from there, and this is what I came up with.
Top Review by internetnut
I gave this 5 stars! This recipe is so good! I made this for a family gathering and it was a big hit! I came home with very little. I followed the recipe except omitted the grated lemon as I'm not crazy over grated lemon in things. I did however sprinkle some grated lemon on top with some lemon twists and slices of lemon. I will actually be making this refreshing dessert again for another family gathering next Saturday. Thanks for a awesome dessert! Christine
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant lemon pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup lemon juice (4-5 lemons)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 (13 ounce) angel food cake, cut into 1 in cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor bowl with metal blade, combine cream cheese, pudding mixes, milk, lemon peel and lemon juice; process until smooth.
- Gently fold in whipped topping until well blended.
- Arrange 1/3 of angel food loaf in bottom of trifle dish.
- Spoon 1/3 of pudding mixture evenly over angel food.
- Repeat, forming 2 additional layers.
- Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- If desired, serve garnished with thin lemon twists and fresh mint leaves.
- Store in refrigerator.